1. Assign this video HERE for homework
Let students know that this video is all in Chinese and remind them not to worry about understanding every single word in the video.
2. Next class, have students share answers
You can either ask for volunteers or divide students into groups and discuss the storyline among themselves.
3. Have a group discussion on the tools students use to understand the video
The main purpose of this is to let students know that they don't necessarily have to know every single word in the video in order to understand the plot. This is to encourage students to not be afraid of any unknowns when it comes to communication. There are other ways to communicate!
4. Ask students to read this post HERE about Qingming Festival
This post talks about Qingming in depth.
5. Finally, use the following questions to facilitate a group discussion